Thursday, February 6, 2014

12 week appointment and ultrasound!

Today we had our first ultrasound screen for baby #2. It was a fairly quick ultrasound but we were so excited to see how much baby has grown :) Jake and my mom went with me to this one. I wish we were allowed to video tape even though we technically weren't supposed to Jake could have got away with it, the techs back was turned most of the time. This little one was just as crazy as Kaiden was when Kaiden was in my belly, turning in circles, jumping around, moving its arms all over, baby even crossed his/her legs at one point which was pretty cute! The ultrasound tech made a guess on what we are having I just can't say yet! We are waiting until the next ultrasound and having a gender reveal party to tell all our friends and family! They were supposed to tell us if the measurements looked good today but the ultrasound tech didn't say anything about it, good or bad. She kind of seemed like she was in a hurry at the end because I wanted to get one more profile picture, but she handed me what she took, and left. Now that kind of leaves me worried. They took my blood as the other part of the test checking for down syndrome and other potential abnormalities and said they would call me back with in 3-5 days so I guess we will just find out then. She said my chances of having a baby with down syndrome was less than 1 in 1627. She only gave me 2 decent ultrasound pictures, one is really cute because you can see all of babies fingers and it looks like he/she was waving at us. Babies heart beat was 160 bpm at both appointments. Our midwife is really sweet and we really like her as our doctor. She said its not a huge worry if I lay on my back as I had asked her about it and that she recommends the red raspberry leaf tea starting in my second trimester.

Now for the fun part, The ultrasound pictures :)



Profile picture :)

HI MOM HI DAD!

Right leg.

Babies head and neck

Babies heart beat 160 BPM 


Baby twiddling their thumbs hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment