Saturday, January 7, 2012

40 weeks 4 days pregnant

39 weeks

40 weeks

Yupp.. I'm still pregnant! already 40 weeks and 4 days! almost 41 weeks. It's kinda funny how we thought he would be here before Christmas let alone new years! ha, he must be super comfy cozy in there and doesn't wanna come out. :( On Monday January 9th I am scheduled for an NST which is just monitoring the babies heart for 15 minutes or so to make sure that it stays at a good consistent pace and then right after that I am scheduled for an ultrasound to check that the placenta is still doing its job and that he has enough fluid/ amniotic fluid around him. If everything looks good he is going to be induced on Friday the 13th! but I'm going to try and get him induced on January 11th because I really don't want him born on the Friday the 13th lol. Also January 11th is my brothers birthday! which would be kinda cool. I thought that the doctor wouldn't make me wait that long to have him because if I do wait till the 13th I'll be 41 weeks and 3 days. I really hope he decides to come on his own before than because if I can avoid being induced I would. I have been trying so many methods to induce labor like stretching, squats, bouncing on a birthing ball, acupressure, pregnancy massage, walking, eating pineapple, and getting my membranes stripped and still nothing seems to work. I guess unless a baby is REALLY ready to come out, they won't. Luckily Kaiden is still moving all the time and has a good heartbeat at 140 BPM almost every time I go in. We just want a healthy baby! (: I have retained so much water now, I have swollen feet, calves and fingers and Kaiden continues to grow. A big concern we have is having a natural delivery so I don't have to have a C-section. Because I'm so tiny, and we don't know how big he's going to be we are worried about leaving him in there to long after my due date. So hopefully we will find out all the answers on Monday and hopefully everything goes good! I am also making a video of all my pregnancy pictures that I will post as soon as he is born so I can add some pictures of him on there. So less than a week and baby boy will be here! We can't wait! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment